Saranrom Palace, Sanam Chai Road, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, 10200
Not open to the public
Saranrom Park, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, 10200
Open: Daily, 5.00am–9.00pm
This palace was built in 1866 by German architect Egon Muller but it was later altered by Carlo Allegri, an Italian architect. Originally, King Rama V gave this palace to his brothers to live in and in 1885 the palace became the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was used for visiting European families. Nearby Saranrom Park was originally built in the palace grounds and King Rama V used it as a zoo. It was designed by British diplomat Henry Alabaster and built by Italian architect, Annibale Rigotti. The original pavilion where military bands played during King Rama V’s reign, is still there today.