It’s always an honour and a lovely surprise when I receive an award like this, and this time is no exception when I received The Liebster Award from Nilla at Image Earth Travel. Image Earth Travel is a wonderful blog full of Nilla’s adventures in the many countries she visits. I always look forward to reading about where she has been to, and I know you will too! Thank you so much Nilla for this, it’s very much appreciated! 🙂
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers and it was first awarded way back in 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Questions from Image Earth Travel:
What are your blogging objectives for 2018?
My blogging objectives for 2018 are just to continue writing about the things I love to write about. My experiences that come from living abroad, especially in Bangkok, my home for the past three and a half years, there are always plenty of things to see and report back on. Not only in Bangkok, but I have many stories yet to tell from travels to other countries, in the past, and in the future.
How often to you post a blog and why (daily, weekly, monthly)?
I go through phases of posting once a week, to twice a day, then nothing for a few weeks. It really depends on what other personal projects I’m busy with and what my work schedule is like. At the moment, I am working almost full-time hours, so it’s difficult to find the time to write or do anything else for that matter.
What inspires you to write?
Pretty much anything! When I go out exploring, I usually have an idea in mind and that’s my inspiration for writing about it. But, sometimes, an idea will just pop into my head and I think it would be good to write a post about it. For example, I have been going through old photos and, instead of just posting them, I find inspiration to write about where I was, when I took the photos, and what I was doing.
Have you set any definite travel destinations for 2018 or is this an earning year?
It’s both! I am going to Rome in April for my birthday celebrations with my parents and I am planning to go to Chiang Rai, in Thailand, in June. Those trips are paid for, apart from spending money, and afterwards I am saving to travel to Australia, India, Sri Lanka, and Europe at the end of the year.
Where is your most desired travel destination?
I have wanted to go to Italy for years because I just love the history and architecture there, so my dream will be fulfilled next month when I go to Rome. I want to see other places in Italy too, but there are so many other places on my list that I want to see; India, Spain, Morocco, Croatia, Pakistan, South America, Turkey.
Do you get any exposure from award nominations?
Only from the beautiful people who follow my blog, who leave lovely comments and congratulations messages. It’s such a nice feeling when I read some of the things people say.
Have you considered advertising on your site? If so, does advertising help to give your blog site more exposure?
I have in the past, but I have never gotten round to doing anything about it, other than a couple of affiliates that I have on my site. To be honest, it’s not about getting exposure for me, I just love writing and blogging about my life.
My nominations for The Liebster Award are:
- Life With an Illness: Mackenzie’s blog which lives and breathes positivity and love, despite daily battles with illness.
- 100 Cobbled Roads: Punita’s travel stories about cities, everyday life, and natural wonders around the world.
- Seen Along The Trail: Join Carolyn as she ventures on walks in the great outdoors and captures images of the wonderful creatures she comes across.
- Chaotic Shapes: The talented Brandon’s art is amazing as he creates beautiful work via a series of colourful shapes.
- Ute Smile: A wonderfully positive blog as Ute spreads happiness and makes people smile with her uplifting quotes.
- Global Housesitters x 2: Join Suz and the Squire as they travel the world on their housesitting adventures.
My questions for you, if you wish to accept this nomination.
- Where is your favourite place on earth? Why do you love it?
- If you had £1m, what would you do with it?
- Do you prefer “roughing it” or do you want some level of comfort when you go anywhere?
- Which season do you like the most? Why?
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- Who are your heros in life?
- What’s the fondest memory you have from the past 10 years?
- Answer the questions that were left for you.
- Nominate your favourite new bloggers (not more than 15!)
- Write 7 questions for them to answer.
- Add all the rules and be honest with your answers!